Strategic Marketing Plans and Strategies – achieving positive outcomes for your business
A plan is essential to the success of any business or social enterprise. A business plans articulates the vision you want to achieve, ensuring that all aspects support this strategic direction. A marketing plan identifies how you can achieve this vision, through a marketing approach that demonstrates your value and expands your capacity to deliver ongoing growth.
Planning means you can avoid a hit or miss approach to marketing, ensuring that your marketing activities deliver a positive return on investment that expands your capacity to deliver outcomes.
Our Proven Methodology
We utilise a proven methodology, ensuring that your business and marketing plans achieve your goals, while working within your budget and resource requirements. Our planning methodology has been recognised through the Australian Marketing Institute’s Awards for Marketing Excellence, where we have delivered ongoing results for leading businesses, not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises.
The Capture Phase sets the foundations of your business and marketing plans. During the Capture phase we undertake research on the areas that will form the basis of your plan.
Areas that we investigate include:
- Customer demographics, including emerging trends that may influence demand. This information is used to identify potential market segments, as well as primary and secondary target markets.
- Competitive pressures, incorporating an assessment of direct and indirect competitors, as well as other substitute products and services.
- Macroenvironmental and microenvironmental industry trends, exploring future growth projections, supply chain implications, as well as broader trends, including environmental, social, economic and regulatory aspects.
This phase ensures that the required research is undertaken to guide the development of your strategic direction.
The Strategy Phase analyses the information that was gathered during the Capture Phase. These findings are utilised to identify the right strategic and marketing direction for your business.
During this phase we consider:
- The most effective methods to articulate your value proposition, through analysing market opportunities and assessing the needs of your target markets.
- The framing for your key marketing messages to ensure they resonate with your target markets.
- The right strategies to achieve your business and marketing goals.
- How to leverage key opportunities, while mitigating potential risks.
- The strategic marketing approach that will enable you to achieve your business goals.
It is important to convey a shared sense of ownership over your strategic direction. As a result, we will often workshop the proposed strategies to discuss the suggested approach. These workshops are designed to facilitate feedback and ensure that the proposed direction can be implemented.
Stakeholder engagement should also be undertaken during this phase. We can undertake market research, including surveys, focus groups, interviews or facilitated workshops to ensure that there is an opportunity for input and discussion.
The Delivery Phase determines how your finalised strategic direction should be implemented, including a consideration of the required timeframes, budget and resources. This phase provides a roadmap that includes the actions that will achieve the outcomes identified in your strategic plan.
This phase provides an implementation schedule which explores the following:
- The anticipated timeframes, ensuring that actions are implemented in accordance with the strategic direction.
- The required resources, including the financial, personnel, skills and other resources, that are required to implement the identified actions.
- The expected outcomes, ensuring that progress can be measured and that each action can be evaluated.
- Areas of responsibility, ensuring that there is clear accountability for the delivery of each action.
The Delivery Phase not only articulates how the plan should be implemented, but also provides an evaluation framework that is used to measure outcomes and the impact it has on your business.
Strategic Plans that Deliver Results
Our status as Certified Practising Marketers means we have the highest standard of accreditation in the marketing profession. This is reinforced by the recognition we received as finalists in the Australian Marketing Institute’s Awards for Marketing Excellence in 2013 and 2014.
Marketing should be measurable and outcomes focused. The strategic plans we deliver enable you to achieve your business goals and vision.
Your business and marketing plans should be regularly reviewed to ensure they remain relevant and reflect changing trends. The review process is undertaken through our Audits, which ensures that your plans take into account changing market and business conditions.