Generating sales is essential for any business and it is important to have the right approach with prospective customers and clients. We’ve compiled seven tips that we believe are essential for anyone involved in generating sales for your business.
- Successful sales people put their customers/prospects at ease by conversing in a relaxed style, asking quality questions and genuinely listening to what the other person says.
- Successful sales people appreciate that customers would rather talk about their needs (and not the need of the salesperson). They do not interrupt nor do they overwhelm customers/prospects with a load of verbose waffle.
- Successful sales people actually have a PURPOSE for being there! Customers/prospects appreciate that the call is well planned and well structured, thus saving them time and effort.
- Successful sales people are skilled at identifying NEEDS, creating SOLUTIONS to satisfy those needs and wrapping VALUE around the solution.
- Successful sales people possess flexibility as opposed to rigidity. They work within a structure and do the right thing for their customer and their company.
- Successful sales people work with their customer’s favorite buying strategy, rather than their favorite selling strategy. They adapt their sales style to the person’s buying style.
- Successful sales people seek OPPORTUNITIES every single time they visit a customer – internal and external opportunities to grow their customer’s business and the business of their company.
Sales is an interactive, two-way process. Sales is about understanding the needs of your customers and identifying the right solutions that solve these requirements through delivering tangible value.