Louisa was with the Syneka Marketing team for a month. She is currently studying Communications at a University in Texas and is participating in a study program based at The University of Melbourne. As part of the program, Louisa was asked to Intern at Syneka Marketing.
Louisa agreed to discuss her experiences as Intern with Syneka Marketing.
- How would you describe yourself? I am very passionate about the things and people that I care about. I love all things music, history and animal. And I have been told that I’m pretty goofy.
- Interesting and unusual facts? I was voted ‘Class Clown’ of my High School in Oklahoma.
- Why did you decide to take part in the study program? I have always wanted to go to Australia and I thought studying would validate my reason for visiting.
- What do you think of Australia? I think it’s wonderful. The people are nice and the culture is amazing.
- How do you find Melbourne University? It’s so pretty! My professors there are also some of the nicest people around.
- What interests you the most in terms of marketing and communication services? I love trying to understand people and the way they think.
- What do you think of Syneka Marketing? It’s a very personal company with a lot of cool projects on the rise.
- What is the best part of working for a marketing agency? I love flexing my creative muscle, which I don’t always get to do in some of my classes.
- What was the most challenging aspect of working for Syneka Marketing? Probably just applying my knowledge. I have studied most of the things that we’re doing at Syneka, but I’ve never had to actually use them in a real-life situation.
- Have you seen much of Melbourne whilst you were here? Highlights? I have definitely wandered around the city a fair bit. My favourite part is probably Brunswick Street because it has a cool vibe and a lively music scene.
- What things did you learn during your Internship? I learned the process of marketing, planning and the teamwork involved in it.
- What was the best café you had lunch at whilst you were at Syneka Marketing? I really liked A Thousand Blessings (1000 Blessings.) They had really great juice!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Hopefully, I will be able to move back to NYC and have a job working in music again.
We wish Louisa the best with her future endeavours.