This month I led the Redback Business Skills Webinar, presenting ‘Don’t Leave Your Business to Chance… Plan Your Way to Marketing Success!’
The webinar was designed to introduce participants to the marketing planning process and the need for a cohesive strategy. Uncertain economic times means it is critical that businesses develop an effective marketing strategy that clearly defines their goals.
The presentation was designed to assist businesses in answering the following questions:
- How will you grow revenue in 2012 and beyond?
- What new markets or products/services will you be able to offer?
- How can you maintain ongoing contact with existing clients and encourage repeat and increased purchasing?
- How will you provide a cohesive strategy to promote your business or organisation?
- How can you incorporate the Internet and social media to complement your business goals?
- How are you going to measure your success?
Attendees were able to participate in the webinar through posting of questions on the interactive message board. Redback undertook the role of facilitator to assist in the introduction of these questions and to encourage ongoing dialogue.
In addition, polling questions were used to help identify the positions held by the attendees and their current familiarity with social media. The use of these tools helped to personify the webinar to ensure that content was relevant to attendees.
A video of the presentation was automatically recorded by Redback Conferencing and is available to members of the Syneka Resources Centre.